“Thanks to TCHH, I always felt like there was a welcoming family even when I was brand new to the Twin Cities.” ~Resident 2016
― Oscar A. Romero
Who We Are
The Twin Cities Houses of Hospitality project is a joint mission outreach effort of several congregations and organizations in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul area. Desiring to provide hospitality for young people, as well as a venue for them to come together around open conversations regarding faith, vocation, spirituality and wholeness, these communities have pledged funds, time and creativity to this project for several years. Though we were founded by a group of Presbyterian congregations, as we grow, we become more ecumenical and more interfaith in our work and in our network. Join us!
An Exciting Project at an Important Time
By taking the opportunity to offer much needed hospitality to young adults in their year of service, we have the unique opportunity to convene groups of these young adults, to aid them in fostering meaningful conversation, deepening their experience and discerning their future steps through the lens of spiritual practice and intentional community.
Other similar hospitality projects for young adults are emerging around the U.S. and we hope to collaborate with our sponsoring partners and the young adults who are the “founding members” of Twin Cities Houses of Hospitality to create a unique, vibrant experience that reflects the unique needs of the Cities and the members of the community.
Our Ministry Needs
As a collaborative community ministry, we continue to seek new partnerships with individuals, communities of faith, non-profits and educational institutions. Please consider joining us! If you are a member of an organization or an individual inspired to offer support or get involved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our ministry needs include:
- Annual sponsorship contributions and one-time donations at any level (really, every dollar counts!)
- New or gently used basic household furnishings as needed
- Web design and development
- Volunteers to serve as mentors and group facilitators and more – download the TCHH Volunteer Intake Form and return it to us at email@example.com
- Individuals and families to host community night meals and conversations with the participants
- Help with outreach: invite young adults you know to consider applying or participating in community life
- Become part of our “Friends” list to receive monthly emails and join us when you can
- Prayers for a successful launch and growth of this new and exciting ministry
Thank you for your interest and support! Donations can be sent to Westminster Presbyterian Church, Attn: Twin Cities Houses of Hospitality, 1200 Marquette Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55403. Please include “Twin Cities Houses of Hospitality” or “TCHH” in the memo line.
Won’t you join us as a partner, volunteer or participant?
The House of Hope Presbyterian Church, Saint Paul, MN
Westminster Presbyterian Church, Minneapolis, MN
Synod of Lakes and Prairies, Ecclesiastical Relations Committee, Saint Paul, MN
Macalester College Center for Religious and Spiritual Life (Saint Paul) and Lake Nokomis Presbyterian Church (Minneapolis) were additional partners in the initial visioning and planning team from 2012-2014 and continue to be involved in our ministry.