Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? ~Mary Oliver
Twin Cities Houses of Hospitality is a program geared especially toward young adults (21-30) who are serving/working/volunteering full-time or part-time in service-based programs like AmeriCorps, VISTA, Teach for America, non-profit internships and others and are interested in engaging:
- Radical hospitality
- Service-based leadership
- Vocational exploration
- Diversity and intersectionality
- Deepening spirituality
- Intentional community
Features of Residential Community
- Shared meals
- Shared bathrooms
- Programming around vocation, spirituality, identity and diversity, service and more
- Shared common areas and shared emotional space
- Shared responsibilities in basic upkeep of residence (cleaning, trash, snow shoveling, etc)
- In some cases shared bedrooms and in other cases single bedrooms (our default, which may be negotiated, is to place roommates of the same biological sex together)
- Respect for the property, including respect for public spaces
- Respect and engagement with the neighborhood
- Regular fellowship, dialogue and reflection; non-residents are invited to participate in all Twin Cities Houses of Hospitality community nights and events; weekly community nights are for all resident and non-resident members together
About the Houses
Both houses are pictured on the top of this page. One house is located in the Summit-University neighborhood of Saint Paul (pictured on the left above). It is an apartment carved out of the former manse (pastor’s residence) of a local church and includes one private, residential floor and two public-use floors. Public space continue to be used for church meetings and events. The other house is located in south Minneapolis, just outside of Uptown, in an up-and-down duplex (pictured on the right above). Both houses offer opportunities for gardening and are located on or near major bus lines. Rent is at below-market rates, and expectations of residents includes participation in intentional community life.
Our Applications are NOW OPEN for our 2017-2018 cohort! Join us!
Priority deadline is May 15th, with rolling applications accepted through June 15th!
Or request an application from firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact our Program Coordinator at the email address above with any questions.
We’d also love to have you join our community in other ways- click here to find out how: Join Our Community
Please discuss with us any special needs or identities that might affect your accommodations.